New Berlin, Wisconsin— The Partisan Primary is less than two weeks away, here is all you need to know about voting in New Berlin:
By Mail –
To request an absentee ballot by mail, visit www.MyVote.wi.gov If you have not done so already, you may need to attach a picture of your valid photo ID. *Note that selfies are NOT considered a form of photo ID.
The deadline for submitting an application to receive an absentee ballot by mail, is 5 pm on the fifth day before the election, (Thursday, August 6, 2020). However, due to the high volume of absentee requests and mail processing time, it is recommended to submit your application at least two weeks prior to the election.
How to Return Your Ballot:
• Mail back your ballot – postage is already applied
• Place it in the secure election drop-box located in the City Hall parking lot
• Bring it into City Hall and hand deliver to the Clerk’s Office
Due by 8PM on Election Day. Please ensure that your certificate envelope is filled out COMPLETELY with your signature, date, signature of a witness and address of that witness.
The Clerk’s Office will have in-person absentee voting (commonly referred to as “early voting”) available during the following dates/times. Photo ID is required.
Monday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesdays: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesdays: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Thursdays: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fridays: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm *Additional hours –August 7th open until 5:00 pm
ALL polling locations will be open from 7AM - 8PM on Election Day, August 11, 2020. To find your polling location, please visit: www.MyVote.wi.gov
Ward 1-2-3, District 1, Hickory Grove School - 2600 S. Sunnyslope Road 1-2-3 1
Ward 4-5-6-7, District 2, Community Center - 14750 W. Cleveland Ave.(Cleveland Room) 4-5-6-7 2
Ward 8-9-10, District 3, Poplar Creek Church – 17770 W. Cleveland Ave 8-9-10 3
Ward 11-12-13-14-15-16, District 4, Peace Lutheran Church - 17651 W. Small Road 11-12-13-14-15-16 4
Ward 17-18-19-20-21, District 5, New Berlin Library - 15105 W. Library Lane 17-18-19-20-21 5
Ward 22-23-24, District 6, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish – 12700 W Howard Ave. 22-23-24 6
Ward 25-26-27, District 7, New Berlin City Hall - 3805 S. Casper Drive 25-26-27 7
Central Count - New Berlin Utility Building – 4000 S. Casper Drive 1-27 Central Count
Precautionary measures during in-person absentee voting and on Election Day due to the COVID-19 pandemic will be in place and will include the following:
• Crowd control
• Floor marking guides to ensure safe social distancing
• Voters are asked to sanitize their hands upon entering the polling location.
• Sneeze guards have been constructed as a barrier between the voters and our poll workers/election staff.
• Poll workers will be provided with proper PPE.
• Pens will be sanitized after each use.
o If you decide to bring your own pen to the polls, it must be quick drying, black ink. The poll worker at the poll book table will verify the use of your own pen. They may ask you to take a sanitized pen if they believe the machine won’t be able to read your marks.
• For the safety of our residents and staff – the use of masks is strongly encouraged while entering City Hall for in-person absentee voting and on Election Day. Keeping our team and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic while ensuring every citizen has the right to cast a vote is our number one priority.
Please be patient and respectful to our poll workers. Their service displays a true commitment and a deep sense of civic responsibility to our democratic process. We owe them our gratitude.
The integrity of all elections and the health and safety of our voters and staff have always been and will continue to be of the utmost importance to the City of New Berlin.
If you have any questions on the provided information, please contact the Clerk’s Office at 262-786-8610 or via email email@example.com
cc: Aldermen, Media