The New Berlin Farmers Market is sponsored and produced by a sub committee of the New Berlin Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau. The Chamber is a membership based, not-for-profit organization compromised mostly of local businesses, civic and service-based organizations, and representation from local schools and government. The New Berlin Chamber has been working to strengthen the bonds between business and community since 1959.
The first New Berlin Farmers Market was held on July 13, 1996 in the parking lot of a Kmart store at National Avenue and Moorland Road. The market started with 18 vendors and now hosts approximately 40 vendor stalls when the market is in peak season. The idea behind the market was to not only provide residents with fresh, locally sourced, produce and finished goods like Salsa and baked goods, but to help build a sense of community within the City.
Current organizers are very excited to now have a permanent home in the heart of the New Berlin City Center District. The Chamber hopes to host a variety of public events at the new site during the coming years to attract more people to the City Center. By giving residents and visitors more reasons to visit the City Center District, people will become more aware of the businesses providing goods and services in the area. The Chamber is actively working with City leaders to grow and expand the market while creating exciting, family-oriented events and activities to help build on the sense of community in New Berlin.
Website (Link)Facebook (Link)