Acceptable Payment Methods
In Person or by Mail
The Finance Department accepts checks, money orders, cashier’s checks, traveler’s checks, and cash as payment. We do not accept credit / debit card payments at City Hall.
For your convenience, there is a 24-hour drop box in the lower parking lot of City Hall available for payment of your tax and utility bills.
- Please include your payment stub, along with a check in a sealed envelope before depositing.
- Payments deposited in the drop box on the due date (collected 8:00 am the following business morning) will be considered paid on time. (For example, for bills that are due on a Friday – all payments collected from the drop box 8:00 am Monday will be considered on time.)
Please do not place cash in the drop box.
Credit Card Payments (ONLINE ONLY)
Taxes and Utility bills can be paid by credit card, however, this must be done online using ACI Payments, Inc. Because the cost to the city would be prohibitive and result in an increase to your taxes, we do not accept credit or debit card payments at City Hall.
ACI Payments, Inc. makes credit card payments available to you online or by phone at (888) 2PAY-TAX or 888-272-9829. ACI Payments, Inc. is not affiliated with the City of New Berlin. At their payment screen, be prepared to enter:
- Payment type (either tax or utility)
- Wisconsin, New Berlin
- Your jurisdiction code (5801)
Be sure to remain online, or on the phone until you are given a confirmation code. This will be needed for tracking purposes in the event of an error. ACI Payments, Inc. charges a fee based on the amount you charge. Fees are:
- Utility bills - $8.60 per transaction
- Tax bills - 2.8875% of the amount charged
If you are having technical difficulties please contact ACI Payments, Inc. Customer Service at 1-800-487-4567. Please note that City of New Berlin staff will not be able to troubleshoot and issues with online or phone payments.
Automatic Payment Plan
The City of New Berlin also offers an automatic payment plan for your water, sewer, and stormwater bill. To sign up, please complete the agreement form (PDF) authorizing your financial institution to automatically deduct the amount of your bill from your account. Send the form and a voided check to us at:
City of New Berlin
3805 S Casper Drive
New Berlin, WI 53151
To discontinue, please complete the termination form (PDF) and send to the address above.
For more information, please view frequently asked questions about the automatic payment plan.