The mission of the Information Technology (IT) Department is to provide top-level support and cutting-edge solutions for technological needs in the City of New Berlin while providing regional guidance and leadership.
Responsibilities of the IT Department include:
- Advising departments of new and appropriate technologies
- Maintaining city IT infrastructure
- Overseeing and enforcing consistent data structures across all city applications
- Providing customer service in the form of day-to-day upkeep and training
- Providing secure and functional access to city data
- Supporting departmental and municipal technology goals
- Supporting the City of New Berlin's growth through technology
- Staff is held to a higher standard due to universal and unrestricted access to data.
- Staff will provide decisions and leadership based on experience and training to guide departments in technological development and enhancements.
- Staff will utilize critical thinking and basic logic to guide personal time management, prioritization, and task-based decisions.
- Through talented and dedicated staff, IT will provide best-effort support of all technologies approved through the New Berlin IT Department.