The New Berlin Municipal Court HEREBY ORDERS:
- The New Berlin Municipal Court sessions have resumed in person and will be following the below procedures:
- All persons present in the municipal courtroom will be required to wear a face covering.
- Social distancing and the number of individuals allowed in the courtroom will be maintained.
- Answer screening questions:
- Does anyone at your jobsite/residence have a fever of greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit, chills, persistent cough or difficulty breathing?
- Have you traveled outside the United States within the past 14 days?
- Has anyone at your jobsite/residence been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID 19 in the last 14 days?
- If you have answered "yes" to any of these questions, you will be refused admittance and asked to contact the court with 24 hours at 262-780-8154 to discuss your case. It will be your responsibility to contact the court.
- Defendants will check in at the municipal court window and will be heard in the order they checked in.
- If it is your intent to enter a plea of “Not Guilty,” you may enter your plea in writing by mail or email at firstname.lastname@example.org including your current contact information prior to you court date.
- The Not Guilty form may be filled out and submitted to the court office. It must be received prior to your court date.
- To avoid a personal appearance due to the Covid-19 virus, you may discuss your case by phone and/or email with the City Prosecutor. Please submit a "Not Guilty" plea prior to your court date to set up a pre-trial conference.
- There shall be no pre-trials held in person until further notice. All pre-trials must be handled by phone or email with the City Prosecutor. It will your responsibility to contact the City Prosecutor.
- Accepted forms of payments:
- U.S. mail
- at the New Berlin Municipal Court window during office hours
- paying Municipal Court citations for a fee online or over the phone at All Paid Inc. or 1-888-604-7888 using Pay Location Code 5217
- paying Parking citations with a fee by phone at 1-877-495-2729 or online with Point and Pay
- using the "Fines Only" drop box located at the end of the walkway facing the west parking lot
The vision of the City of New Berlin Municipal Court is that all participants in our court process, together with the community at large, will appreciate that this court impartially adjudicates ordinance violation cases consistently, such that the legal rights of individuals are safeguarded and the public interests of the residents of the City of New Berlin are protected.
Pursuant to Wisconsin statutes, the Municipal Court deals exclusively with non-criminal cases involving city ordinance violations in the form of traffic citations, Municipal Code violations, and parking tickets. Offenses brought before our court are violations that occur within the city limits.
From Interstate 94 - Exit Moorland Road (south exit) and head south to the intersection of Moorland Road and National Avenue (3.5 miles). Turn right onto National Avenue, heading west for half a mile. The Safety Building will be on your right.
From Interstate 43 - Exit on Moorland Road and head north to the intersection of Moorland Road and National Avenue (1.5 miles). Turn left onto National Avenue, heading west for half a mile. The Safety Building will be on your right.