New Berlin Safety Saturday Event
The event slated for May 16, 2020 has been cancelled.
New Berlin Recycling Center
Effective immediately, the City of New Berlin Recycling Center is closed to the public until further notice. The recycling center is located at 3711 S Casper Drive. This decision is made in an effort to keep our residents and employees safe during the COVID-19 emergency.
New Berlin Police Department
- Applicant/Citizen Fingerprinting Services
- Preliminary Breath Testing Services
- Rx/OTC Drug Collection in the Safety Building Lobby
- Station Tours/Citizen Ride-Alongs
- Spring 2020 Citizens’ Police Academy Program
- Remainder of 2020 Midnight Basketball Program (3/20 & 3/27)
- New Berlin Junior Women’s Club Pancake Breakfast/Egg Hunt (3/28)
- Wisconsin Department of Justice Spring Drug Take Back Event (4/25)
- Discover New Berlin (3/21 - Hosted by New Berlin Chamber of Commerce)
- New Berlin vs. Waukesha Police/Fire Boots & Badges Basketball Fundraiser Event (4/17)
- ProHealth Care Regency Senior Communities New Berlin Spaghetti Dinner (4/30)
- DARE Graduates - Brewers Game Tailgate Event (5/2 - Hosted by Southeastern WI DARE Officer’s Association)
The New Berlin Building Inspection Department will be suspending all non-essential building, electric, plumbing and HVAC inspections effective 03/18/2020 until further notice.
the City of New Berlin is extending the suspension of all Recreation programs until Monday, May 4th.
Participants that are registered for programs scheduled to conclude on or before May 4th will be issued an automatic refund via the same method of original payment. Please be patient as we process this large volume of refunds.
Programs that are scheduled to conclude after May 4th, will be evaluated at a later date to see if we can reschedule missed dates or if refunds will be necessary due to further suspension of programs.
With regards to the Adult Summer Softball League, the City is currently working to amend the season schedule given the current situation. The Recreation Department will be in contact with team managers.
Community Center & Rentals
The Community Center and all of the rentals scheduled there through Sunday, May 10th, are cancelled. The City will be issuing full refunds via the original method of payment. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and ask for your patience while we process this large volume of refunds.
Hickory Grove is closed through April 5th.
New Berlin Public Library
The Library Facility is closed to the public through April 5th. However, the Library’s phones will be staffed Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm and Saturday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.
New Berlin Parks & Playgrounds
All City of New Berlin Parks and Trails remain open during the Safer At Home order issued by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services. The City believes that these amenities provide residents with the ability to relieve stress by being outside and exercising. The City wants you to continue to utilize our park system to its fullest extent, while maintaining the social distancing required by the Safer At Home Order.
Although parks and trails are open, there are certain amenities such as restrooms, playgrounds, shelters, basketball courts, New Berlin Hills Golf Course and the Valley View Disc Golf Course that are closed due to this order. In addition, no team or contact sports are allowed at this time.
As a reminder, social distancing is key during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please use our parks and trails with members of your own household but maintain at least 6 feet between other people.
We want to thank you for continuing to utilize the New Berlin Park system responsibly so that it can be enjoyed by our residents throughout this pandemic. We also encourage you to use the amenity closures as an opportunity to explore the rest of our park system, from our trails at Malone Park and Stigler Nature Preserve, to the wide open fields at Valley View and ProHealth Care Park and even to New Berlin’s own lakefront view at Kelly Lake Park.
New Berlin Municipal Court
- Effective March 24, 2020, all traffic, ordinance, and juvenile intakes dates are suspended. Any previously filed citations will be adjourned to a date and time beyond April 24, 2020
- There shall be no trials or pretrials held on, or before, April 24, 2020
New Berlin Hills Golf Course
- Closed until further notice