Billing Schedule & Rates
||January 1 - March 31
||April 1 - June 30
||July 1 - September 30
||October 1 - December 31
During the third quarter, all residential (1-2 family) water and sewer customers receive a summer sewer adjustment. Your third quarter sewer consumption will be based on your first quarter sewer consumption, unless your third quarter is smaller.
Failure to receive bills does not exempt residents of penalties.
1% per month on all past due balances
10% will be assessed November 1st for balances due prior to September 30th
All City residences are charged a $15.00 per quarter Stormwater fee
. Businesses are charged based on ERU's.
All vacant lots are charged $8.00 per quarter for water availability until the building is connected for service. View information on quarterly meter use charges
Volumetric Usage Charge - (Please also click on the quarterly meter use charge above for that charge)
Public Service Commission Case with Milwaukee Water Works
Public Notice of New Berlin Rate Case
- First 35,000 gallons used each quarter - $4.21 per 1,000 gallons
- Next 465,000 gallons used each quarter - $4.11 per 1,000 gallons
- Over 500,000 gallons used each quarter - $3.26 per 1,000 gallons
All vacant lots are charged $65.36 per quarter for sewer availability until the building is connected for service. Residential users are charged $2.1209 per 1,000 gallons used and a $158.38 per unit use and connection charge per quarter. Non-metered sewer use charges are $196.55 per quarter, which is based on $158.38 per unit use and connection charge per quarter and $38.17 usage charge, which is based on MMSD's estimated residential volume of 17,995 gallons per quarter.
Commercial, industrial, and public sewer use charges are $7.29 per 1,000 gallons used plus $65.36 for connection charges per quarter.
Meter Reading Schedule for 2016:
- 1st Quarter - February 17th to March 4th
- 2nd Quarter - May 16th to June 1st
- 3rd Quarter - August 18th to August 31st
- 4th Quarter - November 14th to December 1st
Meter Reading Schedule for 2017:
- 1st Quarter - February 16th to February 24th
- 2nd Quarter - May 18th to May 26th
- 3rd Quarter - August 17th to August 25th
- 4th Quarter - November 16th to November 22nd