1. Staff has met with the Code Committee to review updates to Chapter 235 in regards to adding regulations to require underground cisterns for the purposes of fire protection.
2. The proposed changes will require the installation of underground cisterns with new residential subdivisions that are more than 1,000 feet from a municipal water supplied fire hydrant. The cisterns will be placed within the right-of-way and used for fire suppression.
1. Plan Commission forward recommendation to the Common Council to set a public hearing date.
2. Staff would prepare, publish and mail the public notices.
3. Public hearing held before Plan Commission (June 6, 2016).
4. Plan Commission recommendation forwarded to the Common Council for final action (July 13, 2016).
5. Common Council review and final action (July 26, 2016).
- 4/20/16 – Code Committee discussed Chapter 235-32 changes and made a recommendation to forward the amendments to the Plan Commission.