Go To Search
Click to Home

Prospect Hill School #3, Circa 1913
District3 school.jpg

Built on the fourth site of the Cheney and Prospect Hill Schools, it is the only school with a belfry and basement, designed and built by Elden Faulkner and Jacob Graser.  The left entrance door was for girls and the right entrance door was for boys.  Inside each entrance were cloak hooks for coats and boots.  In the 1940s there was a chicken wire backstop for baseball.  There were separate outhouses, one for boys and one for girls.  The outhouses had to be rebuilt after each Halloween.  It remained a school until 1953.