First Freewill Baptist Church, Circa 1859 (National Historic Register)
Designated November 7, 1989
Organized in 1840 as the first Freewill Baptist Church in
the Wisconsin Territory, its congregation built the church in 1859, the
center of early Yankee settlement. The church was organized and built
by Rev. Rugus Cheney and Quincy Church. The church has been restored to
its original state after it was almost completely destroyed by an arson
fire in 1985. It is registered on the National Register of Historic Places.