This old structure once housed Prospect Hill’s first post office with Daniel Church as its first postmaster. In 1866, Church sold the building to T.S. Winton. Years later the Shields family lived there, giving the little road past it the name of Shields Drive. From 1866 on, the Wintons operated it as the general store. The building was moved here from its original location at 19485 West National Avenue. It was razed due to road construction of the Racine/National Avenue.