Absentee Ballots Issued for April 1, 2014 Election: Outstanding Absentee Ballots: 238
Qualified Elector Eligibility Requirements
- Military Issued: 2 Provisional Ballots Issued: 0
- Military Returned as 8:00 pm April 1, 2014: 0
- Regular Issued: 755
- Regular Returned April 1, 2014: 473
- Provisional Ballots Issued: 0
Any qualified elector who is unable to get to the polling location
on election day for any reason may ask to vote by absentee ballot. A qualified elector is a person who:
Requesting a Ballot
- Has resided in the election district where the person wishes to vote at least 28 days before the election
- Is a U.S. citizen
- Is legally qualified to vote
- Will be 18 years of age or older on election day
If you already registered in New Berlin you may request an absentee ballot by letter or filling in the absentee application.
It must list the address at which you legally reside, the address where the absentee ballot should be sent (if different from your legal address), and your signature. You should allow enough time for:
- Your request to reach the city clerk's office
- The ballot to be mailed out to the requested address (usually the same day that the request is received)
- The completed ballot to be returned to the city clerk's office on or before the day of the election
Mail requests to the Community Relations/City Clerk's office at City Hall:
3805 S. Casper Dr.
New Berlin, WI 53151.
You can also come to the city clerk's office during normal working hours to complete an absentee ballot request form and vote by absentee ballot. You may do this two weeks before an election up until the Friday before the actual election. Please note
: Absentee ballots may not be hand-carried outside of City Hall. You may not pick up an absentee ballot for anyone else and take it to them.
Permanent Absentee Voting
Permanent absentee voting applies to electors who are indefinitely confined to a home or a care facility, hospitalized, or serving as a sequestered juror. If this applies to you, please contact the Community Relations/City Clerk's office at (262) 786-8610 for more information.