To schedule an inspection, call (262) 786-8610 during normal business hours. Inspections must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. Certain inspections, such as those for furnaces, water heaters, and air conditioners, can be scheduled further in advance to accommodate the property owner. If you miss your inspection, the inspector will leave a door tag on your front door.
Please check with City Staff for specific inspection requirements.
Typical inspections needed for large projects, such as new homes, additions, and major alterations, include the following:
- Final plumbing, electric, and building occupancy (everything completed)
- Footing (prior to concrete)
- Foundation (prior to back-filling)
- Insulation (prior to drywall)
- Interior drain tile (prior to floor being poured)
- Rough electric (called in by a electrician)
- Rough framing (prior to insulation)
- Rough plumbing (called in by a plumber)
All inspectors drive city-owned vehicles that are clearly marked. Look and ask to see the inspector's identification tag. City policy does not allow an inspector to enter a property unless one of the following situations exist:
- The property is vacant and is free of personal belongings
- There is someone at the residence that is 18 years of age or older
- Please secure your pet indoors in a safe location