GIS / LIS Mapping
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) refers to a collection of technologies capable of sorting and analyzing spatial data and its attributes. GIS technology provides the City of New Berlin with extraordinary quantitative and qualitative benefits. Nearly every city department uses GIS in some manner.
- GIS provides the City Clerk's office with district maps at election time.
- It provides detailed storm water data, which can be viewed in the field.
- The Police Department uses GIS to ensure that squad cars are dispatched to the correct location.
- It is used extensively in Planning and Community Development as a presentation tool and to analyze data to make informed decisions.
- GIS can also be used to answer questions from businesses and the general public.
The goal of GIS / Land Information Systems (LIS) Services is to provide land information to improve the decision-making process. To accomplish this, GIS / LIS Services maintains a current map database and uses analytical tools to generate detailed planning alternatives and presentation graphics.
The information depicted on these maps is only as current as the date indicated on the map. Please contact the Community Development Department at (262) 786-8610 for the most current information: