After leaving Germany, John Konrad Meidenbauer arrived in New Berlin, Wisconsin in July 1848. He purchased 84 acres of land that included this two-story log house on Lawnsdale Road. The house was constructed of hand-hewn oak logs and built upon a stone cellar that was used to store fruits and vegetables. John Konrad Meidenbauer’s nephew, John Michael Meidenbauer purchased the farm in 1882. His 12 children were born in this log house. John Michael Meidenbauer’s son, Arthur, purchased the farm in 1943. His marriage produced 4 children, who donated the log house to the New Berlin Historical Society in 1986. The log house was disassembled, and then reconstructed on its present site in 1987.